A practical guide to CPR Part 36 ~ March 2012
Jonathan Arkush recently recorded a podcast entitled "A Practical Guide to CPR Part 36."
The podcast aims to demystify the provisions of Part 36 in a bid to help practitioners understand and use it constructively as part of their litigation ‘toolkit'.
Jonathan's podcast explores:
- Making a Part 36 offer before proceedings
- The need to review Part 36 offers that have not been withdrawn at regular intervals
- The relevant period
- Acceptance and withdrawal of offers
- The balance of risk for a party in accepting or rejecting a Part 36 offer, and the possible consequences that may follow
- The likely impact on Part 36 of Lord Justice Jackson's proposed reforms to costs
If you would like to find out more about this podcast, please click here.
CPDCast is a website offering accredited CPD points for solicitors and barristers. The podcasts can be purchased individually or with an annual subscription. Visit www.cpdcast.com for more details.