Education: MA (Cantab); LLB (first class)
Peter Head has a strong commercial practice which sees him regularly instructed in complex, high-value litigation in the Commercial Court and Chancery Division as well as in international commercial arbitrations.
He has particular experience in the following areas:
- Commercial litigation: contractual disputes, construction disputes, conflict of laws, oil and gas
- Commercial fraud: freezing injunctions, claims involving the tracing of assets, transactions defrauding creditors
- Banking & Financial services: secret commissions, unfair relationships, guarantees
- Arbitration: LCIA, ICC, UNCITRAL
- Corporate insolvency: winding up, administration, CVAs, transaction avoidance
- Personal insolvency: bankruptcy, IVAs, transaction avoidance
- Company: shareholder disputes, claims against directors
His current instructions include two very high-value oil and gas disputes, a claim by a Russian bank raising novel issues on committal applications, and numerous insolvency proceedings, both for and against office-holders.
What others say
Chambers UK 2014 ranked Peter as a leading junior for chancery: commercial.
An up-and-comer who impresses market commentators with his strong emerging practice in corporate and personal insolvency, fraud and banking cases. Expertise: “He is very good; very able, a safe pair of hands and someone with real talent.” (Chancery: commercial - Chambers UK 2014)