Education: LLB (London) LLM (Cantab)
Appointments: ADR Accredited Mediator
Tel: 020 7831 6381
Mobile: 07976 706 128
David Stern has a proven track record in conducting large scale insurance and reinsurance settlements and handling complex commercial and serious fraud cases. His strengths are his tactical and analytical approach, commercial acumen and creative flair.
He has extensive expertise in ADR techniques and is an accredited mediator with the ADR Group. He has acted in insurance and other commercial arbitrations. In 2000, David founded Settlement Counsel, adopting a unique approach to dispute resolution at the Bar.
Insurance & Mediation
David specialises in the resolution of international coverage disputes. Key to his success is his ability to value disputes and conduct negotiated settlements. The principal areas of his practice are:
- Alternative Dispute Resolution and arbitration
- The London Market
- Asbestos, pollution and health hazard claims
- Property damage, terrorism and business interruption
David is an accredited commercial mediator with the ADR Group. While his specialist knowledge relates to insurance, underlying cases and financial services, his strengths derive from his corporate experience, understanding of commercial realities, an ability to relate to people and a solution-orientated approach. This makes him suitable for a broad range of mediations.
Commercial and Serious Fraud & Corporate Crime
David has acted as leading junior and junior counsel in complex commercial and serious fraud cases and business crime investigations and prosecutions. While he handles a wide variety of serious matters, the principal areas of his practice are:
- Serious and complex fraud, including SFO and HMR&C prosecutions
- Restraining orders, POCA and SOCA and money laundering allegations
- Corporate manslaughter
- Directors' disqualification
- Environmental enforcement
- Cartels, anti-trust and Enterprise Act investigations
- FSA compliance and regulatory investigations
TERMS OF BUSINESS: COMBAR Terms
VAT NO: 564 4266 30